This article is from our older website archives. Some content may not be formatted or attributed properly. Please Contact Us if you feel it needs to be corrected. Thank you.
With all the options for engraving, when is the right time to sandcarve a product? In this video, Darin Jones of IKONICS Imaging goes over several options, whether you want to create inside or outside products.
The main takeaways:
- Sandcarving allows you to get more depth on products.
- The deeper the depth, the higher the perceived value.
- Items to sandcarve include glass vases, ceramic mugs, and wine bottles.
- Apply sandcarving to intricate, small, and irregular objects, such as ornaments and eggs.
- Customize large items like architectural walls and donor walls with sandcarving.