Vector work can be used for engraving and marking. So why bother? Why not just use the CO2 laser in a conventional way and use a raster job to mark your material? There are several advantages to making the switch to vector engraving.
- A simple application, one that many of you may already do, can enhance the appearance of your regular raster work on rough materials in a relatively short time.
- You can create very thin lines that may not show well using a conventional raster job.
- It may save you some time.
- You can forgo the use of laser marking materials in some cases.
- It will allow you to work with material that cannot otherwise be marked well or efficiently using a raster job.
The image shows the definition you can achieve on lettering using vector engraving.
-Jim Puentes, COOLaserCraft