In the July issue of GRAPHICS PRO, set to mail and hit a screen near you on June 22, industry pros dive into all things specialty printing and customization. From direct-to-film printing and graphic film applications, plus the Custom Gift Annual — a collection of content focused on custom gift applications — this issue has something for everyone.
Here’s a first look at what you’ll find exclusively in GRAPHICS PRO July.
What’s So Cool About DTF?
Cary Green, LRI/Laser Reproductions
- “DTF is a low-volume, high-quality, full-color and simultaneous white underlay printing system that renders heat transfers that heat press onto light and dark garments or fabrics.”
- “If you are looking to add dark color Ts and sweatshirts to your product ensemble and are brave enough to take the risk, you’ll want to check out DTF print technology.”
The Basics of Graphic Film Applications
- “Installing a car wrap is very different from installing a window film. Building the knowledge base to know the best film to use, the best techniques, and tricks of certain installs can take time to accumulate.” — Jason Harmon, FDC Films Inc.
- “Graphics are generally centered around the promotion of a product or idea; communication of a message, a wayfinding element, or decor.” — Jay Kroll, General Formulations
Making a Home Hobby into a Business
Bob Hagel, former owner of Eagle’s Mark Awards & Signs
- “You may need to simplify your products to earn a living. This advice may not apply to everyone; however, the method of thinking will help you create a business regardless of what it is.”
- “Consider four to six custom products to sell and designing them in a way that you can pre-make some of the main pieces that will not need to be customized. Production efficiency is important. Minimize gluing and painting, especially small intricate pieces.”
Find these articles, plus much more in GRAPHICS PRO July.