If it’s a true business, then it has to be run like one. Here are some pointers:
- Time is money. You can’t spend hours trying to get something just right – you must learn to do that quickly so you can get it out the door and move to the next job.
- Proactive sales are required to get money in the door. You will need a marketing plan and sales strategy. You must understand pricing, production efficiency, etc.
- You must have samples to show customers.
- I suggest attending trade shows and taking as many classes as possible.
- Look at online training from distributors.