12 Considerations for Purchasing a UV-LED Printer
Thinking about investing in this technology? Ask yourself these questions
Decorators that are thinking about investing in UV-LED print technology should consider:
- Does UV-LED technology make sense for my business? What kinds of materials/products do I want to decorate?
- Does the cost of running and maintaining UV-LED print technology fit into the operating budget of my business?
- Do I have sufficient work demand to warrant UV-LED technology for my business?
- Does the printer manufacturer offer a service plan? Do they also offer extended service plans?
- Review the manufacturer’s maintenance tasks and schedules.
- What is the printer manufacturer’s customer service like? Will I have access to a service technician if needed?
- What is the service life/shelf life of the UV ink?
- What ink options are available? Inks for hard and soft goods, etc.?
- Does the manufacturer offer an entry-level model that makes sense for my business needs?
- Are there options for upgrading/expanding my UV-LED equipment later on?
- Can I provide sample products/materials to the manufacturer to test and see if the technology is a good fit for my needs?
- Can the manufacturer provide a cost estimate of operating the equipment based on my business needs?