“Unifi’s commitment to environmental, social, and governance responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do,” says Meredith Boyd, senior VP of technology, innovation, and sustainability. “This latest sustainability report highlights the hard work our organization has put into the last year, making it one of our most impactful years since our founding a half-century ago. We invested in technology and product development that prioritized reducing our environmental impact and took even further steps toward sustainability through enhanced transparency.”
Some highlights for the 2021 report include:
- Prioritizing new products and processes to reduce total energy and water impacts throughout the life cycles of Unifi’s products and those of its customers.
- A pledge to continue using Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) on its products.
- Being honored as the 2021 Diversity Champion by the University of North Carolina School of Law’s Director Diversity Initiative.
- Six of Unifi’s seven owned and operated facilities achieving zero waste to landfill.
- In-progress Global Reporting Initiative and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board disclosure grids in the appendix of the sustainability report.
CEO Eddie Ingle says, “I’m proud of the significant progress we have made over the last year, including taking further steps toward our goal of recycling 30 billion bottles from landfills in 2022. Through strategic innovation in our processes and the inherent ingenuity of our people, we’ll continue making progress toward our vision of working today for the good of tomorrow.”