SGIA and PIA Announce Merger
The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) and Printing Industries of America (PIA) announce a merger. Through the merge, SGIA and PIA will provide research, education, training, events, legislative support, government affairs, health and safety, and other industry services.
Ford Bowers (pictured right) elevates to president and CEO of the combined organization. Michael Makin, current president and CEO of PIA, becomes an executive VP of the unified organization.
“As convergence increasingly continues in our industry, this newly-formed entity with PIA is the logical progression of our long-standing history together,” says Bowers.
On May 7, the pair announces the new organization name, PRINTING United Alliance. Its board of directors is a merged entity of the following individuals:
- Chairman of the Board Scott Crosby, Transcontinental Holland & Crosby
- First Vice Chair Paul Cousineau, Dow Jones and Company Inc.
- Second Vice-Chair Christopher Bernat, Vapor Apparel/Source Substrates LLC
- Third Vice-Chair Michael Marcian, Corporate Communications Group
- Treasurer Dean DeMarco, IDL Worldwide
- Secretary Brooke Hamilton, NPI
- Immediate Past Chair Thomas Cooper III, WestRock
- Chair of Chairmen’s Advisory Council Edward Cook, Jr., ECI Screen Print Inc.
- Associate Vice Chair Scott Schinlever, Gerber Technology
- Ex Officio Ford Bowers, President and CEO, PRINTING United Alliance
Directors at large include:
- Brian Adam, Olympus Group
- Nick Buettner, American Cut and Sew
- Roger Chamberlain, The Cincinnati Insurance Company
- Kristen Danson, MitoGraphics Inc.
- Chris Feryn, Premier Press
- Kevin Gazdag, KG Graphics Décor
- Bryan Hall, Graphic Visual Solutions
- Lane Hickey-Wiggins, Douglass Screen Printers Inc. dba DPRINT
- Brian Hite, Image Options
- Michael Magerl, Trabon Group
- Brent Moncrief, FUJIFILM
- Joseph Olivo, Perfect Communications
- Edward Pidcock, Chillybears
- Heather Poulin, Ricoh USA
- Timothy Saur, Durst Imaging Technology US LLC
- Elaine Scrima, GSP Companies
- Michael Wagner, Butler Technologies Inc.
- Joseph Lyman, Great Lakes Graphics Association