The U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) announces that nominations are now being accepted for the 2022 National Small Business Week (NSBW) Awards. The NSBW Awards recognize the achievements of SBA-assisted small businesses and the contributions they have made to their communities and the nation’s economy.
According to the organization, all nominations should be submitted electronically by 3 p.m. ET on Jan. 11, 2022. The awards will be presented during the NSBW Awards ceremony, the first week of May 2022.
Nominate a small business owner in your area or download related forms, criteria, and guidelines, here.
Nominations for the following categories will be accepted:
- Small Business Person of the Year: A business/owner from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam will be selected for the State Winner award. The State Award winners will compete for the title of National Small Business Person of the Year, SBA’s signature award.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery:
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards:
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large, prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year