Onyx Graphics Inc., a software solutions provider for the digital inkjet wide-format print industry, releases a new print industry insights article examining the need for data to help print service providers (PSPs) make better business decisions. According to the company, the article focuses on its worldwide customer base and includes data from interviews with PSPs from the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific regions.
The article outlines recent industry trends in both automation and the need for improved internal efficiencies since the COVID-19 pandemic and showcases how data has become increasingly important. The subsequent sections highlight the importance of measuring data as an indicator of business performance, along with suggested data sources and key metrics that can be useful.
“Monitoring data of all kinds helps PSPs understand what is happening in their print business,” says Jonathan Rogers, international marketing manager at Onyx Graphics. “The purpose of this article is to raise awareness of the increasing role data plays in helping modern print make decisions based on actionable data.”
Key takeaways from the report include:
- Data provides another set of eyes on business performance
- Current industry trends include automation, and through COVID-19, internal business efficiency
- Data provides useful insight into areas needing improvement as well as aligning future goals
- Real-time, historical, and trend data require timely and appropriate actions to impact profitability
- Data metrics, usage, and application are gaining rapid interest in the print industry
The article is available for free download here.