FASTSIGNS International Inc., franchisor of FASTSIGNS, a sign, graphics, and visual communications franchise, announces the formation of its diversity and inclusion committee. Comprised of a group of FASTSIGNS franchisees selected from the brand’s global network, the committee was created to foster an environment that promotes and prioritizes diversity and inclusion within the FASTSIGNS system and the broader signage and franchising industries.
“Every company should value diversity and inclusion because of the richness and strength it brings to their business. Over the years, the signage and franchising industries have become more diverse and inclusive, but there’s more we can do — and as the leader in our sector, FASTSIGNS is proud to lead the way,” explains Catherine Monson, CEO of FASTSIGNS International Inc. and Propelled Brands, and chair of the International Franchise Association.
The eight committee members will focus on increasing the number of minority franchisees within the FASTSIGNS system, promoting open dialogue and collaboration, workplace environments, training protocols, education, and other topics to create more inclusive initiatives. The committee members include:
- Kevin Jones, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Santa Rosa and Petaluma, California
- Howard James, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Washington, D.C.
- Carmen Ruiz, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Daytona, Florida
- Jose Corujo, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Puerto Rico
- Sarosh Nayar, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Dallas, Texas
- Denise Acquaye, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Newark, New Jersey
- Shu Yang, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Burnaby, British Columbia
- Shimon Osibel, franchisee at FASTSIGNS of Brooklyn, New York
“Throughout my career, I’ve always sought opportunities to be a part of organizations that value diversity and inclusion — and that’s a big part of what attracted me to FASTSIGNS,” adds Kevin Jones. “I’m extremely proud to leverage my experience working for an LGBTQ-focused non-profit and serving on several boards to assist FASTSIGNS in furthering its diversity and inclusion initiatives to build a stronger brand and promote change in our industry.”