Mentor, Ohio-based graphic films manufacturer Avery Dennison announces the 10 regional winners for its “Wrap Like A King” contest.
This year’s Regional Wrap Kings in their respective regions are:
- North America East-“VooDoo S6-SteamPunk SpaceShip” installed by Ryan Oyola and Mike Postilio of VooDoo Vinyl Wrap of Long Island, New York
- North America Midwest-“Boba Fett” installed by Justin Baker, Lee Mies, Paul Lee and Kyle DeLoss Henkler from Auto Trimmers of Shoreview, Minnesota
- North America Central-“Republic Tattoo” installed by Eric and Frank from Graphics Guys of Austin, Texas
- North America South-“Mission Flyer 2.0” installed by MetroWrapz of Hollywood, Florida
- North America West-“Gold Rush Rally” installed by Antonio Ng of EMWRAPS of Seattle, Washington
- North America Canada-“The Warrior” installed by Ben Bieber of Canadian Wrap Masters of Georgetown, Ontario
- Europe North-“Barnfind” installed by Mark Chamberlain from Funkeefish of Tendring, Great Britain
- Europe Central-“Dynamic Truck” installed by Sebastian Kreuzer of SIGNal Wrapping of SchwÃ¤bisch Hall, Germany.
- Europe South-“Formula-e Gen2” installed by Chaublet Sébastien from S&C Creative Agency of Guérande, France.
- Eastern Europe & MENA-“Toyota Wrap Cruiser” installed by Martin Turecek from Wrap Style of Zlin, Czechoslovakia
An international panel of judges chose the 10 Regional Wrap Kings.
“Having the responsibility of picking the finest wraps in the world is an exciting task as a judge in this challenge,” says Avery Dennison’s Molly Waters, one of the judges. “Each year we wonder how Wrap Like A King entries could be more ambitious, and every time, installers find a way to surprise us with new techniques and film combinations.”
The regional winners will go on to compete for the title of Continental Wrap King, to be awarded October 15, and then continent winners will be judged for the ultimate “King of the Wrap World” title at the 2018 SEMA Show, Oct.-Nov. in Las Vegas.
This year’s eight judges are: Justin Pate, co-owner of The Wrap Institute; Myles Kovacs, president and co-founder of DUB Magazine; Jun Kinoshita, sales manager of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Japan; Mark Richardson, director of Elite Wraps and Vehicle Graphics; Alain Carcat, technical sales support for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Europe; Waters, a senior technical specialist for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America; Peter Wright, technical marketing manager for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Asia Pacific; and Marco Kimme, founding member and chairman of the German Wrapping Association.
The submissions are judged on visual transformation, or the difference between the before and after pictures submitted; quality and skill level of installation; overall public look and appeal; and uniqueness of the design.
“We continue to build a full lineup of automotive restyling solutions, and the creative entries from Wrap Like A King show what our talented customers can accomplish with them,” says Jeff Losch, marketing director, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “These Regional Wrap Kings have each made something incredibly unique, and we are proud that our products were the starting point.”
Each Regional Wrap King won an initial prize package valued at close to $2,000. The prize pack includes personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison product, SEMA passes and more.