Easy and fun to press, bookmarks make excellent gifts, promotional product giveaways, and club items. Try selling bookmarks to local book clubs, schools, or libraries. Here is an easy step-by-step guide on how to press a bookmark.
- Unisub bare bookmark (shown item #5767) or similar sublimatable blank bookmark
- Printed transfer and scissors
- Sublimation printer (RIP printing software)
- Small swing-away heat press set to 400 F
- Heat gloves and heat tape
- Blowout paper
- Cloth for cleaning and isopropyl alcohol
Step 1: Download the template for a bookmark or any product at Unisub.com. Design the bookmark in editing software.
Step 2: Run the design through the RIP software and print. Let the print dry for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: Cut transfer down with a 1/2″remaining on all sides. Clean the bookmark with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth.
Step 4: Line up and center the transfer. Tape the bookmark to the transfer with the coated side down.
Step 5: Press the bookmark at 400 F for 50 seconds. Increase the time if pressing more than one bookmark at a time.
Step 6: With heat gloves on, immediately pull off the transfer paper.
Step 7: Let cool and then the bookmark is ready to be used or sold.