In the February issue of GRAPHICS PRO, set to mail on Jan. 25 and hit a screen near you on Jan. 26, print and graphics professionals cover the basics of wayfinding, the differences in Adobe and Corel’s design terminology, and school spiritwear trends to look out for in the new year. Check out this sneak peek for a look at what’s in store.
Introduction to Wayfinding
- “The basic art of getting people from point A to point B. You can look at wayfinding as the visual language of moving people through space.”
- “The ability to work with unique sign shapes, materials and incorporate header graphics or logos not only aids the visitor in knowing where they are but creates a branded image for the company or organization that is directing them.”
Design Terminology 101: Adobe vs. Corel
- “CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator are both very capable design programs that have nearly equal abilities, but the terminology is quite different between the two.”
- “To start, in Illustrator, an illustration or design is called Artwork, but Corel calls it a Drawing.”
Look Out For These School Spiritwear Trends in 2022
Karin Bellinghausen, STAHLS’
- “Even during the pandemic, students and parents found comfort in wearing school apparel, which helped to keep everyone bonded and together.”
- “Retro is a recurring theme. The question is, what is considered retro these days?”
Find these articles, plus much more, in GRAPHICS PRO February.