In this video, Geno Talkington of Wichita Screen Printing gives printers the rundown on polyester shirts.
- Poly inks cure at 280 degrees F (dye-sub is no worry)
- Poly inks tend to flash quickly for those performing wet-on-wet prints
- Leaving a poly shirt under a flash too long can cause shrinkage
- Consider putting the shirt through the conveyor dryer to encourage any shrinkage prior to the press
- Consider using triple-durometer squeegees for the best results
Watch the full video for insights on mesh count.