You have to keep three main layout concerns in mind when mapping out where to put your offerings in a space.
- Store arrangement-think about visual merchandising
- What do you want your customers to see when they walk into your shop?
- You want to encourage more foot traffic around your showroom or storefront
- Classification of particular products
- Have miniature departments to fit the needs of all customers
- For example, break off sections into fanwear, full-color, signs, and graphics, etc. depending on what your shop offers
- Classification allows you to point customers to an area of your store if they’re looking for something specific
- Allocation of space to a particular product
- If you have a lot of customers coming to you for a distinct product/service, consider making that a focal point
- Based on how profitable the product is and what your customer base wants, arrange your shop accordingly
- Larger sections of your space get allocated to the products that pull in the most profit
Learn more about product merchandising in this Morning Show episode presented by STAHLS’ TV.