Regardless of the size of your business, the customer experience is one of the most critical components of your success-or failure. A positive customer experience can help your company by:
- Building product value. You can charge more when you deliver a better experience. People pay for convenience, accuracy, lack of confusion, and quality.
- Making your job easier. A strong customer experience and journey mean every transaction will be more organized.
- Enhancing professionalism. No matter how large or small, your customers will know they are working with an industry professional.
- Bringing consistency. Jobs will be completed more accurately when a consistent customer plan is in place.
Here are a few things outside of the actual ordering process you can improve on to enhance your overall customer experience:
- How you answer the phone
- Voicemail greeting
- Email signature
- Marketing materials
- Business cards
- Sales orders, invoices, and receipts
- In-store greetings and goodbyes
- Email marketing
- Website design and layout
- Payment processing
- Artwork submission
- Product delivery
- Thank you notes
- Post-sale surveys
—Colman and Company