A good scan is crucial for creating a good positive for sandcarving. Use the following steps to maximize your scanning results.
Using your scanner software:
- Make sure that the artwork you are scanning is clean, free of specs and wrinkles.
- Lay the object completely flat on the scanning bed. Make sure that it’s even vertically and horizontally.
- For line art, set scanner settings to “Black and White” or “Line Art.” With halftones, choose “B/W Photov” or Grayscale (these options may vary depending on scanner software).
- Set scanner at a resolution of 1,200 DPI.
- Save as a TIFF, EPS, or JPEG file. Your artwork is now ready to import into your graphics software.