- Verify the diameter of your lens. A digital caliper gives the exact diameter of the lens.
- The lens has a top and a bottom side. The bottom side is flat. The top side is domed. The flat side should be facing toward the engraving table.
- Remove the lens mount and pay special attention to how the lens mount will need to be assembled.
- The lens is glued into place with special adhesives. Removing the lens from the mount requires a de-bonding solution to soften the glue. This is the same solution used to remove super glue and can be found at home centers. Apply the solution and allow it to sit for a few minutes to soften the adhesive. Remove the lens from the mount. With the adhesive still softened, use a paper towel to remove any of the old adhesive.
- Position the new lens in the mount. Make sure it is facing the right direction. Do not touch the lens with your bare fingers. The lens should be sitting flush in the lens mount and not at an angle.
- Use three spots of optic mounting glue. Do not over-apply the glue. The adhesive is specially formulated for mounting laser optics and should not be substituted.
The mounted optic will be ready for cleaning and use in one hour.