The beauty of using metallic foil for textiles is that there is no pretreatment required to overlay it onto an image/design.
These are the steps:
- Once the image has been heat pressed, simply place the foil over the design. Pro tip: For added dimension, crinkle foil by making it into a ball, smooth it out again, and put it on top of the design.
- Top with parchment paper.
- Heat press at 330 F for 25 seconds.
- Remove the shirt from the press.
- Once cool, peel the excess foil off.
You’ll see the foil only sticks where the design was initially pressed.