MOUNT HOLLY, N.C.-American & Efird (A&E) announces the Earth Day release of its 9th annual corporate sustainability report, entitled “A Focus on the Future.” The report highlights the company’s progress in environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
A&E says it measures performance against its goals with its Eco-Driven program, the Ten Threads of Sustainability, with “a mission of ensuring that future generations will have a great place to live and work.” The ten guidelines in the program feature topics such as water stewardship, sustainable products, supply chain sustainability, and energy conservation.
“A&E has a long heritage built on the manufacturing and distribution of quality, premium thread products, and responsible manufacturing,” states A&E president Chris Alt. “We are excited to share with you the accomplishments achieved and challenges faced over the last 12 months in this important area for our company. We remain committed to holding ourselves accountable to our customers and stakeholders as we conduct our business in a transparent and ethical fashion.”
This year’s report includes highlights such as:
- A total of more than 2 billion liters of recycled and reused wastewater at global operations since 2013
- A 41% reduction in global water consumption (liters per kg of thread) since 2006
- 100% Zero-Waste-to-Landfill status at 16 global manufacturing operations and support facilities in 2018, with five other operations recycling more than 90% of byproducts and created waste.
- A 13% reduction of the company’s global carbon footprint (CO2e in kg per kg of thread) since 2006
- An 11% reduction in global power consumption (kWh per kg of thread) since 2006
- 45% of A&E’s global energy portfolio for steam production consisted of renewable fuels in 2018
To see the full report, visit www.amefird.com/sustainability.