The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), elects Jodi Sawyer as chair of its executive committee. Sawyer joins five other individuals on the board.
In addition to her new role, Sawyer serves as market development manager for FLEXCon, a manufacturer of pressure-sensitive film products for applications such as indoor and outdoor advertising, barcode labels, and production identification.
“I look forward to leading SGP at this very dynamic and exciting time in our development,” states Sawyer. “Sustainability is becoming a critical part of the printing industry’s future and SGP certification is reaching greater levels of respect and attention.”
The full 2018 SGP executive committee includes the following personnel:
- Chair: Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon
- Incoming Chair: Paul Glynn, Designtex
- Treasurer: Dr. Doreen Monteleone, Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
- Secretary and Chair, Technical Committee: Marcia Y. Kinter, Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA)
- Chair, SGP Foundation: Jonathan Graham, TE Connectivity
- Chair, SGP Brand Leaders: Libra Balian, ANN INC.
The organization says it estimates more than 100 certified sustainable printers in 2018 in addition to its conferences, seminars, academic studies, and sharing sessions throughout the year.
“With the 10th anniversary of SGP, this will be a key year for SGP to educate and inform the industry and its customer on the advantages of sustainable print,” Sawyer adds.
For more information, visit www.sgppartnership.org.