MADE Laboratory, a Fort Worth, Texas-based apparel decorating development and education lab, will host an in-person screen-making workshop on June 15 from 1-5 p.m. ET.
Hosted by Dave Makin, Saati master screen maker, the free workshop will help attendees optimize their screen-making process and darkroom technology plan.
The workshop is sponsored by Saati and followed by the two-day MADE to ROQ Automation workshop.
- Best screen frame types — aluminum, roller, and eco frames
- Thread selection and mesh counts
- Tension — ideal tension and how to measure
- Emulsion types — photopolymer, diazo, and dual-cure
- Proper coating technique
- Measuring EOM
- Capillary film application technique
- Proper exposure time
- Demonstrate exposure and developing thick film
- Beers and shirt printing on the ROQ Oval while mingling with fellow printers