Stow, Ohio-based Mactac Distributor Products, a maker of pressure sensitive graphic films, announces that a number of its sheet stocks recently received recertification from the Rochester Institute of Technology‘s (RIT) HP Indigo Media Certification Program.
The stocks receiving recertification are part of Mactac’s STARLINER premium product line and METRO Digital value product line, and include:
- STARLINER Cinema: bright, blue white cast coated gloss paper featuring a mirror finish
- STARLINER Lyric: matte coated, smudge resistant paper for point-of-purchase (POP) and carton labels
- STARLINER Matinee: coated semi-gloss paper designed for POP, product identification and packaging labels.
- STARLINER Blinding White2: bright white premium uncoated smooth paper stock designed for labels; accepts pen, pencil and other marking devices
- STARLINER 7.0-mil Teslin: synthetic stock combining the high quality printability of fine paper and strength of films. According to the company, ideal for tags, menus, maps and more.
- STARLINER Preview: white premium coated tag stock for applications in need of good definition and stiffness or bulk
- METRO Digital High Gloss, Matte Litho and Uncoated Litho: pressure-sensitive sheets designed specifically for applications that require value and dependability
After passing an initial screening, the recertified products underwent RIT’s Printing Applications Laboratory’s rigorous testing process to evaluate runnability, ink-transferability, blanket-substrate compatibility, blanket-temperature operating window, and ink-substrate interaction (adhesion) on the following HP Indigo presses: 5000, 5500, 5600 Multi Shot, 7000, 7500, 7600, 7800 and 7900.
RIT’s well-known HP Indigo Media Certification Program is a thorough certification program that is highly regarded by paper merchants and users of HP Indigo presses, according to Mactac.