*Please click image below to enlarge
Mentor, Ohio-based graphic films manufacturer Avery Dennison announces the 12 regional finalists for its fifth annual “Wrap Like A King” Challenge. A panel of international industry judges chose the 12 Regional Wrap Kings out of a field of 159 total entries. The regional winners are:
- North America East – Cosmic Norma by Designer Wraps of Pitman, New Jersey
- North America Midwest – Saleen Mustang “The Peacemaker” by Graphix Gurus of Zeeland, Michigan
- North America Central – Because ‘Merica! by PG NOLA of New Orleans
- North America South – DUAIV Masterpiece by MetroWrapz of Hollywood, Florida
- North America West – Sauce C10 by UnderWraps of Huntington Beach, California
- North America Canada – Embossed Flex by Graphiki Inc. of Ottowa, Ontario
- Europe North – Polizei Rusty Design by WrapStyle Denmark
- Europe Central – Sturmtochter by stoerwerk: designwerkstatt of Germany
- Europe South – Crazy GTR Liberty Walk by DC Covering of France
- Eastern Europe & MENA – Seat Cupra Bloody Design by Wrapstyle ZlÃn, s.r.o. of the Czech Republic
- North Asia – Camo Flage the ROOCAT by Type B Custom Decal
- Australia & New Zealand – Lei’d Low by Exotic Graphix
“I’m really proud to take home a regional crown for the third year in a row, especially with the way installers have raised the bar every single year,” says Kevin Kempf, owner of PG NOLA. “If I’m able to bring the title of Continent Winner and King of the Wrap World back to my shop against this incredible field, it will be a truly special achievement.”
Each Regional Wrap King won an initial prize package valued at close to $2,000. The prize pack includes passes to the 2017 SEMA show in Las Vegas; a Regional Wrap King trophy; a large banner stand display; two free rolls of Supreme Wrapping Film; and social media exposure.
“I’ve been honored to be one of the judges for the Wrap Like A King Contest since it began and, without a question, this year was the hardest to choose a regional winner. There are so many unique and out-of-the-box wraps that push car wraps to new levels,” says Justin Pate, one of the international judges. “I can’t imagine how hard it will be to cast my vote for the winner. It’s super-exciting to be part of this.”
Out of the 12 Regional Wrap Kings, next week four Continent Wrap Kings-representing North America, Europe, North Asia and Australia and New Zealand-will be announced. Their $3,200 prize package includes personalized Wrap Like a King swag; a four-night stay in Las Vegas and passes to the SEMA show; $500 in gift vouchers; a 67″ Race Ramp; and a variety of promotional and marketing tools for the winner’s wrap shop.
The 2017 King of the Wrap World grand prize winner will be announced on Wednesday, Nov. 1 at the SEMA show. The King of the Wrap World extended prize package is valued at almost $5,000.
The 2017 judges panel includes:
- Justin Pate-The Wrap Institute, USA
Pate is an Avery Dennison certified installer/instructor in the U.S. He leads the Avery Dennison North America hands-on car wrap workshop and certification program and is co-owner of The Wrap Institute.
- Myles Kovacs-DUB Magazine, USA
Kovacs is the president and co-founder of DUB Magazine, a U.S.-based magazine that focuses on the urban custom car culture and celebrities and their vehicles.
- Jun Kinoshita-Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Japan
Kinoshita is the sales manager for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions in Japan. He introduced the Certified Wrap Installers training program to Japan and worked together with Justin Pate on the training course.
- Stefan Ude-Ude FolierungsKonzepte, Germany
Ude is the owner of Ude FolierungsKonzepte in Germany. The company offers a wide range of services from car wrapping and signage to facade applications and trainings.
- Anders Prates-WTP Dekor, Sweden
Prates is co owner of WTP Dekor on the west coast of Sweden. Its three founding partners, Anders Prates, Diego Castro and Claes Lindvall, are Avery Dennison certified installers.
- Molly Waters-Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, North America
Waters is a senior technical specialist in North America with more than 18 years of industry experience. Waters often visits sign and wrap shops around the region, talking with customers about the car wrap industry. She also frequently contributes to the Avery Dennison blog.
- Peter Wright-Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Asia Pacific
Wright is a technical marketing manager and works with the industry’s leading installers, teaching vehicle wrapping workshops and promoting the industry.
- Jurriaan de Vries-Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Europe
De Vries is the technical services and support manager, responsible for the European technical support organization, trainings and workshops in different graphic centers across Europe.
“For our fifth year of the Challenge, we were blown away by the planning and technique that went into creating each of the region-winning vehicle wraps,” says Jeff Losch, North America marketing director at Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “All of the entries are a great reminder of the dedication and creativity of wrap installers around the globe. The judges will have a difficult decision picking the overall king.”
The company says that each of the 159 entries were evaluated on the following criteria: visual transformation (difference between the before and after pictures submitted); quality and skill level of installation; overall public look and appeal; and uniqueness of the design.