The “People’s Prince” award, as it’s called, was voted on by the public and that award goes to Genus Cars in the United Arab Emirates, representing Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Using Avery Dennison’s SWF Black Matt, Genus Cars wrapped a Mercedes in matte black and for their efforts will receive a prize package worth $1,500.
The 10 Regional Wrap Like A King Winners are:
- North America East: The “Nebula Graffiti GR” project, designed by CORSA Auto Design and wrapped by Empire Vinyl Co.
- North America South: The “Creature from the Wrap Lagoon” project, completed by the MetroWrapz team.
- North America Central: The “Deathstroke McLaren 650s” project, designed by Eric Gosselin of ECD and completed by PG Nola.
- North America Midwest: The “P57” project, completed by IVS Wraps. The project was a one-off design, printed and installed in-house.
- North America West: The “Willys-Chrome Punisher” project, completed by Incognito Wraps.
- Canada: The “Spiderghini” project, completed by Sapphire Creative.
- Europe North: The “Printed Chrome Caracachews Wrap” project, completed by Venom Wraps.
- Europe South: The “Lamborghini Aventador” project, completed by M-Wrapping.
- Europe Eastern, MENA: The “BMW M135i/Artist” project, completed by WrapStyle s.r.o.
- Europe Central: The “Parrot in Flowers” project, completed by SIGNal Design GmbH.
To see images of all 10 of the regional winners, click here.
Wrap installers from 53 countries across the world were invited to submit full-print or color-change wrap projects using vinyl from the Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film portfolio, including Conform Chrome, MPI 1105 Supercast Digital film or a combination to be evaluated against their regional peers by an international panel of eight judges. The judges reviewed every submission and evaluated each project by the following criteria: visual transformation (difference between the before-and-after photos submitted); quality of workmanship and skill level of installation; overall public appeal; and uniqueness of the design.
The 2019 panel of judges included: Justin Pate of The Wrap Institute; Myles Kovacs of DUB Magazine; Yianni Charalambous of Yiannimize; Eddy Speelman of Speelman Graphic Applications; Molly Waters of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions; Peter Wright of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions; Sarel KrÃ¼ger of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions; and Frank Marquart of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions.
Each Regional Wrap King will be awarded nearly $2,000 worth of personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison products and passes to the SEMA Show in Las Vegas Nov. 5-8.
Coming up on Tuesday, Oct. 1, four Continental winners will be announced. These winners will receive a four-night stay in Las Vegas for the SEMA Show, which is where the global King of the Wrap World will be crowned on Nov. 5. The King of the Wrap World grand prize package is worth almost $5,000, with additional gift vouchers and exposure via the Avery Dennison website and web advertisements.
The contest website is here, where you can find official rules, judges’ bios and prize information.
The company invites you to join the conversation on Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions’ social channels, including Facebook and Instagram, and by following the hashtag #WLAK2019.