Maryland-based Almo Professional A/V, a distributor of professional audio and visual equipment, announces multiple 2017 promotions to meet what it says is an increased demand on its sales, service, support and technical departments due to its expanding partner base.
The newly created positions, which cover business development, purchasing, new markets and sales in all regions, also make room for what the company says will be additional hiring this year.
According to Sam Taylor, executive vice president and COO for Almo Professional A/V, “We’ve continued to surpass our business goals, growing an average of 25 percent every year since our division formed almost eight years ago. Almo Professional A/V increased revenue 70 percent alone following our acquisition with (International Audio Visual Inc.) last May.” He continues: “These talented employees have demonstrated outstanding performance and leadership by making significant contributions that have helped propel our business forward and create success for our partners.”
- –John Riley, senior vice president of channel sales, CTS, DSCE, ISF-C. Stationed in New York, Riley oversees Almo Pro A/V’s entire U.S. inside and outside channel sales team. An entrepreneurial executive with diverse business, sales, marketing and merchandising experience, Riley has been with Almo Pro A/V since 2009. Before Almo, Riley worked in multiple sales roles at Electrograph.
- –Stephen McKay, senior vice president of special markets. McKay leads all activities for five unique markets, which include hospitality, new business, direct market retailers, global sales and representative firms. He is responsible for the day-to-day operations for these groups, including budgets, relationships and business growth. Before Almo, McKay was senior vice president of sales at IAVI.
- –Rob Ziv, director of business development, CTS-D, DSCE, ISF-C. Based in Baltimore, Ziv is responsible for coordinating the strategic planning, sales and marketing efforts between Almo and its vendor partners. He manages a team of specialized business development managers, mentors top sales people in growing strategic markets, develops and delivers technical training and multimedia content, and is a systems designer for professional audio, video, event production, broadcasting and teleconferencing. Ziv has been with Almo since 2012 and has more than 25 years of sales/management experience in the pro AV and recording industries.
- –Bill Woodard, director of purchasing. Woodard leads a group of buyers responsible for all Almo Pro A/V vendors and inventory management. He also oversees a group of specialists that manage project registrations for resellers and Almo sales reps. Woodard has more than a decade of experience in the professional AV industry, having held purchasing positions at IAVI and DBL Distributing.
- –Fred Rogers, senior director of sales, CTS, DSCE. Located in Orlando, Florida, Rogers leads the sales teams focusing on the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Prior to his current position, Rogers was a Mid-Atlantic sales manager for Almo and Electrograph.
- –James Calandrillo, director of sales, CTS, DSCE. Calandrillo is in charge of the Northeast inside and outside sales teams and has been with Almo since 2009. Before Almo, James held sales and channel manager positions at Electrograph and CA Technologies.
- –Cory Allen, director of sales, CTS, CPM, DSCE. Based in Ohio, Allen directs the inside and outside Midwest sales teams. Before Almo, Cory held successful channel and technical sales positions at C2G.
- –Don Kozhaya, director of sales, CTS, DSCE. Located in Los Angeles, Kozhaya leads the inside and outside sales teams on the West coast. In addition to Almo, he has also served in multiple territory account manager positions at IAVI and Electrograph.