Add full-color personalization and style to license plates and frames in just a few easy steps with sublimation.
- Sublimatable bare license plate or frame
- Heat Tape
- Cloth and all-purpose cleaner
- Screwdriver and screws for assembly
Step One: Design
Create your own design or download a premade template to fit your blank license plate or frame.
Step Two: Placement and Taping
First, peel the film and clean the license plate or frame. Next, line it up and center it on the transfer, then tape it to the transfer. (Image 1)
Step Three: Pressing
With the bare side facing up, press the product at 400 F, according to the following times for each surface:
- Aluminum: 1 minute, 15 seconds
- Mini license plates: 50 seconds
- Frames: 1 minute, 5 seconds
- FRP (fiber glass reinforced plastic): 1 minute, 25 seconds
- Action plates: 1 minute, 15 seconds
Time may vary based on equipment.
Step Four: Assembly
Remove the transfer, let it cool, and use a screwdriver and screws to attach the frame to the vehicle.
Tip: Use caution when peeling the film so that you do not accidentally bend the license plate frame.