Would you like to build your reputation online, make sure people know about your business, and make more money?
There are a few reasons you should set up an e-commerce site for your business:
- Lends credibility and makes a professional statement;
- Helps add to your sales by providing more ways to purchase;
- Takes the difficulty out of selling with paper forms or collecting money;
- Showcases your products prior to purchasing in store;
- Provides a way to sell by linking to social media;
- Reaches more people in more places.
What is Shopify? It’s an easy to use e-commerce platform. They have over 300,000 active Shopify stores. This is an easy solution to grow your business.
Go to shopify.com and click Get Start. Register your account and add your store name. Enter your location information. You’ll be started almost immediately when you sign up. You can select a trial period and get billed later.
Here are a few tips for adding a product title, description, and image:
- Choose a brief, but descriptive title;
- In the description, be a little more detailed and offer inspiration on how it can be personalized;
- Choose a product image and upload it.
Add shipping information and the weight of the product.
If you want to add more products, click on Products on the left-hand menu. From here, you can see products that you have added and easily add more.
If you’d like to change the theme of your store, click Visit Theme Store at the top right of the next screen to choose from a wide-variety of free themes by selecting the free theme option. Imagine your own images in place of the example images.
View a demo to see more about the theme and what it has to offer. Next, choose Publish as my store’s theme. Once the theme is installed, you can customize it. Each section is divided and certain things within those sections can be changed to fit your brand or range of products. Next, add a logo and click Save.
– Peggy Waters & Alesha Yaney, Unisub