Ryonet shares a step-by-step video tutorial that walks screen printers through the process of swapping colors on-press and a technique involving minimal hassle, as well as little ink and chemical waste.
Check out these actionable tips to saving time and money when changing ink colors:
- Start with light-colored inks then move to dark
- Return excess ink to the container by pulling as much ink onto the squeegee
- Use junk shirts or shop rags to cover the platen and clean the screen in the printing position
- Use 3-4 medium sprays of screen cleaner
- Squeegee the chemical and ink off your screen and wipe away any excess
- Spray screen clean on each side of the screen and wipe down
- Take a clean rag and buff out any residue
- Use a dark rag to wipe and check for any leftover ink ?
Important points: Print from light to dark, manage your ink effectively, and let your squeegee do the work.