Often times shops start in a garage or an unconventional space. Once they develop and build out of that location they may start hopscotching to the next location until it is outgrown.
In your business, it might be very tough to build that state-of-the-art facility while also growing. You want to protect your cash flow, stay profitable, and not spend beyond your means.
Maybe you do not have the luxury of being under one roof. Maybe your sales and showroom are separate from your screen-printing area. It is perfectly OK and reasonable to have multiple locations, but you need to know how to manage your workflow seamlessly.
Apply these 10 tips to make it happen:
- Use one communication tool for the entire company: Whether it’s email or a cloud-based team collaboration tool, having one space where communication can happen is vital.
- Assign ‘point people’ in each department: Every department should have a go-to that they can communicate with.
- Write out your workflow: Physically write out how each department and office work with one another so everyone is on the same page.
- Have weekly department meetings: To start creating responsibility for your employees, have weekly gatherings with each department so roles and responsibilities are clear.
- Hold monthly company meetings: Organize monthly lunch-ins to set goals and hold different departments accountable.
For more in-depth insights and the remaining five tips, visit the Printavo blog.