If you’ve just begun to offer laser engraving services and aren’t sure how to attract customers, consider these seven marketing strategies to build a customer base:
- Determine your signature sample which you can mass produce and send to prospects. Your signature sample also illustrates the great engraving detail and spot-on cutting capabilities of your engraving equipment.
- Send letters of introduction, special offers and samples to applicable decision makers within companies in your target market(s).
- Take stock of everyone you know-it’s likely you already have a great contact who could use your service.
- Join relevant networking groups or trade associations.
- Trade shows are an excellent way to present your service to customers. Since laser systems are so versatile, you could experiment with different audiences and products.
- By creating a website that is optimized for searches for your product offerings, you can quickly build your business by offering both predesigned products and custom engraving services.
- Develop a flyer that shows off what you can do, and design a business card for your company.
Amy Dallman, Epilog Laser