This article is from our older website archives. Some content may not be formatted or attributed properly. Please Contact Us if you feel it needs to be corrected. Thank you.
When a thought pops into your head and the need arises to share it with another, a good communicator quickly assesses six important issues:
- What do I want the other person to know?
- How will the other person feel about the info, or what do I want them to feel?
- What do I want or expect the other person to do?
- How much time do I have to deliver the message?
- How important is it that I get a response or receive new information?
- How likely is it that the words may be misinterpreted if I don’t use the right tone and/or nonverbal signals?
-Vince DiCecco, Your Personal Business Trainer