Many of you out there in the sublimation world are small business owners. As you know, there are several things that can make or break a small business. Here are a few tips to give your business the boost you’ve been looking for:
- Customer convenience: Your customers are living in a generation that is constantly busy and looking for the most convenient way to accomplish a task-this includes buying personalized products. If they have to drive 5 miles to your brick-and-mortar store and commit 30 minutes of their day to ordering a baby shower gift, they will most likely choose to hop on their computer or smartphone and order something in less than 5 minutes instead. This is not to say that a store front is not a good and necessary thing, because it is; however, you will reach a much wider range of customers by catering to them online. This can be accomplished by creating an Etsy shop or a website that customers can easily navigate.
- Websites: Websites allow people from all over the world to view and order your products, giving you a much larger client base than locally available. Customers are more likely to order a product when it is easier for them, so be sure that your website is easy laid out in a way that is simple enough for the customer to understand and navigate.
- High-quality photographs: If you have an easy-to-navigate website, but your product photos are poor quality, customers will assume your work is poor quality as well. The key is to make everything your customer sees as easy, clear, and attractive as possible. Many people go with a more minimalist approach when designing a website for that very reason. High-quality products and product photos will be extremely beneficial when trying to draw more customers to your website.
- Community: Find a mentor. Look for other small business owners in your area and ask if they would could you some advice. If they have been doing business in that area for a while, there are definitely some things they have learned to get where they are today.
- Credibility: Do what you say you are going to do. People will not do business with someone if they are unsure whether they are reliable. Losing credibility in the community can be fatal for a small business, especially if it hasn’t been around for very long. Customers are loyal to the business that they know they can trust and count on.