This article is from our older website archives. Some content may not be formatted or attributed properly. Please Contact Us if you feel it needs to be corrected. Thank you.
Here are some suggestions for taking care of your sublimation printer:
- Keep your printer’s firmware updated; however, don’t update it until an expert says it’s worth it. Updating can sometimes fix one problem and then create another.
- Clean your electrostatic belt about twice a year. This shiny black belt is the transport mechanism for the paper and can accumulate ink, causing printer errors and print quality issues.
- Clean the capping station twice a year. The capping station primes the print head by applying a mild vacuum to it. If the capping station’s plumbing is contaminated with ink plaque, then it has to work harder.
- Perform a print alignment once a year.
- Keep the printer turned on except for extended non-use of three weeks or more. Turning the printer off and on every day will only waste ink.
-David Gross, Condé Systems